Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to a positive view of missions

Back to a positive view of missions!!!  This has been a wonderful week. I wish you all could see the phenomenal young couples who are totally sold out to bringing the gospel to Brazil. SHARP SHARP people. They are so hungry to learn and to have churches that are built on Biblical principles. I wish you could hear the singing. I cry every time. That is one thing we could learn in America….to sing with gusto. We have tried to catch it on video but when I play it back it just is not there!!! They so love the Lord and love to sing praise songs to Him.


The classes have just been great. Thank you so much for all your prayers. God more than answered beyond anything we could dream. They are so receptive and love to laugh. The people are so friendly. We will hate to say “goodbye”!!!

Our life has been so tame I decided I should give you a view from Rick’s perspective!! We have been on the floor laughing at him. He is not smiling!!! I am sure I will not do justice to his account but I will try. He found out he was sharing a room with Kendall and another guy, but that was not the whole story. He is really sharing his room with every man on the floor. They all have to go THROUGH his room to the bathroom and the shower. He feels like he is living in a hall way. Then they have a man hanging over them in a hammock and he and Kendall are on mattresses on the floor. Yesterday he was in his room and a totally naked man came walking through on his way to the shower. Rick account of this caused Rod and I to HURT from laughing!! This morning he was shaving and a huge beetle runs up his leg. Rick has just had all the fun!!!!!!!!!!! Rod and I have had a pretty tame life once we got up here!!

By the time you read this you will know I had enough nerve to now come down off this mountain. Rod and Rick tried every way to get a picture of the steepness of that hill but there is no way to capture that hill of terror. Rod and Jonathan are leaving at 5:00 AM tomorrow to take Praus and Chara to the airport and they will take all of our luggage. Kendall, Chima, Rick and I will come later in a van. Rod is done with his classes but Rick and I still have another 2 hours to teach.

We have loved being here. The weather is cool, almost cold, the people are more than wonderful but after two weeks and three conferences, the thought of getting on that plane to come home is just too wonderful to even think about.

I will have to send this from Sao Palo since there is NOOOOOOOOOOO internet up here on the mountain. By the time some of you read this, Lord willing, we will be home. There will never be any way to describe to you all that we have experienced. You will just have to come and see for yourselves. The people are worth it all!!

HOWEVER, at this point I will let you come and I will stay home and pray for you!!! : Rod says I will forget all about it and want to come again………………uhhhhhhhhhhh

No more “Jonathan” stories but then we are not home yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment