Tuesday, September 14, 2010

HOME AT LAST!

WE ARE HOME!!!! What a wonderful statement to be able to make. God is so good. After traveling at least 15,000 miles is it wonderful to be safe and sound in our home. We have SO MUCH for which to be thankful.


The question comes, “So, are you going back?” Of course!! I am now the proud owner of a Brazilian curling iron!! Have curling iron…will travel! I will need a little time to forget the one way 20 hour trip and the “Hill of Terror”!!!! It just might be worth it to meet again with all of the wonderful friends we met. I wish I could bring all of those wonderful people to the U S for you all to meet. Guess we will have to wait to heaven for that privilege.

It was hard to say “goodbye” to those folks. They gave us many wonderful gifts. The gals gave me a beautiful Bible cover. I thought we had a disaster in the making when they made the presentation. I thought they said they had a cow for me!!!!!!!!!!! My mind was racing. How can I be appreciative and yet let them know that Rod would be less than impressed if I were to show up in Fortaleza with a cow!! They laughed so hard. That is the word they use for “Kitty”!!! Everyone put money in the kitty for the gift!! Language barriers are such a pain. Won’t heaven be great!!

Went down “the hill” MUCH faster than I went up. The pastor that took us must have been a Grand Prix driver in another life. MY GOODNESS!! He wound through those hills and curves in a way that would be the envy of any driver in that particular race!!! Since we were on the way home, it was OK with me!!! I did have to hide my eyes SEVERAL TIMES!!!!

The trip was pretty uneventful except for the rather “short” layover in Atlanta. That was a little more excitement than we needed. We had to go through immigration, then customs and then security. All of this had to be done in less than an hour and a half. We had to take the underground rail from the international area to Delta. We were racing around that airport like nut cases. The door to the plane was already closed but they let us in anyway.

All in all, I am glad Rod insisted that I go. So many experiences!!! Some great, some good and some hopefully never to be repeated again!!(i.e. “the hill” ) Most importantly of all, the wonderful people!!! It made it all worthwhile.

It was good to be back with our church family and worship together again. Our thoughts and prayers did drift to the pastors and wives in Brazil as they shared the Word with their people. We appreciate your prayers for us. God did “above what we could ask or think” Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment