Friday, September 3, 2010

Eating, Shpping, Teaching and MORE TRAVELING!

What a beautiful day. Those of you who were enjoying the thought of Faith suffering and sweating are going to be severely disappointed!!! We are in a beautiful hotel, with a view of the ocean, and many times it is almost cold in here. Our car is air-conditioned and the place we meet is actually cold!!!:)J Besides all of that, the ocean breeze is like being in California. It is gorgeous!







Went down to breakfast and was greeted with chocolate cake and corn on the cob. I may never come home!! Cereal leaves much to be desired. The breakfasts are a lot like Israel, with meat and cheese, salad stuff, good breads….did I mention chocolate cake and corn on the cob??






We had a special privilege at noon to go to the home of one of the pastors here. That was so neat and she fixed an amazing meal. They live in one of the, what Jonathan calls “a forest of apartment buildings.” There was a wonderful breeze and I got to try a hammock. That was interesting!!! I must admit it was comfortable.






The afternoon was an amazing experience. Chima and Chara took me to the shopping center. It is a building comparable to Kemper Arena with four layers of little shops. They have ramps that take you from shop to shop. Chima told me not to listen as the shopkeepers try to get to come buy their wares. That was a real danger since I had no idea what they were telling me anyway. You would have enjoyed Chima bargaining with the venders. It was just a riot but totally overwhelming. Needless to say, Rod managed to not take part in this “once in a lifetime experience”!!! I have experiences lots of different foods and juices but Chima managed to exercise my ability to “speak the truth in love”!!! She bought me a coconut with a straw. I tried to give it my best shot but…..coconut is for Mounds bars and then its usefulness dwindles!!! Coconut water probably will not be something I look for in the states!!! Jonathan was supposed to pick us up at 3:00 and did not come till 4:30!!! That cost Rod a bundle. I just had to keep shopping. I told Rod that Chima REALLY saved him a bundle with all her bargaining!!:)JJ






Last night was so special with the wives of the pastors here. How I love them. They struggle with many of the same things we do in the States. I did some teaching, but then we spent sometime with questions and answers. How neat it was to share our lives together.






Tonight after the session, we leave at 10:00 PM on a bus for Sobral. We get in at 2:00AM and start teaching at 8:30 AM. We would appreciate your prayers. It would be nice if we could make sense!!:) Pray also for Jonathan and Chima. They carry a heavy load this two weeks. There are so many details to take care of and then Chima has to make what I say, make sense to these dear ladies.






Not sure what the wifi situation will be in Sobral. 100* EVERY DAY!!!! Our hotel has AC and then J and C made me sound like some frail lady who could not take heat so they are having the sessions in an air conditioned convention center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was horrified!! They thought it was great because THEY did not want to be in the heat!! Oh Well………………. Later.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! You got AC and a curling iron... what more could you be blessed with! (:
    I truly wish I could be there with you. What a blessing you will have on the ladies.
    Praise God for the team from U.S.! I will be praying for all.
    Take care, my friend.... Diane

    ReplyDelete