Sunday, September 5, 2010

Experiences Experiences

Experiences Experiences. They seem to be popping up with great rapidity. We got back to our hotel FINALLY and just crashed. The heat was just too much and our room is so cool Great AC

I should mention that the breakfasts here are ok but no chocolate cake or corn on the cob. They did have some kind of white cake.

You all would be proud of me. They have served us many different items to eat. Those of you who know me, know I order the same thing at each different restaurant. Rod is the adventuresome one in trying new foods. There have been a couple of items that left me without a longing to repeat.

Went back for the evening service. At this point we are running on fumes. God is good. He keeps us going but we are not at our best. LOVE their singing. They truly do it with gusto and LOUD!! We need to crank up our sound system!!! Great service. I am thinking, a few more smiles and off to bed. OH NO!! There is a new plan. They want us to go up on a hill where you can overlook all of Sobral at night. They said it is just beautiful. One small problem……..we have to go through a terrible area to get to it. One of the men in this church is a Major in the military police so we have to wait while he goes home and gets his gun and contacts some police to be up there when we arrive. They were concerned because we are Americans and they would like to get us…..drug involvement. This is a far cry from my bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We went. It was beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! Many beautiful Catholic churches all lit up at night. How tragic!!! Chima will not rest till she has a picture of Rod and me in front of the patrol car with two policemen on either side and we appear to be under arrest. GREAT JUST GREAT. I should be in bed.

Then another man took us to an ice cream place. DIFFERENT FLAVORS!!!! I looked at them and bravely ordered chocolate. We sit out on the street with our ice cream and down the street is a group having a party with music louder than you want to think about. In order to visit, we all have to yell at each other. Where is my bed??? It was fun and another amazing experience. These people are soooooo kind and loving.

Today was so special!!! They had a baptism service and believe me, it was a three Kleenes box event. Chima sat behind us and translated the people’s testimonies. Please Please, get on your knees tonight and thank God that you were born where you were born and live where you live, and have the many blessings that you have. These testimonies were beyond what I can write but they were so real. These pastors here……they have done their work well. These people are so grounded and so thankful for their salvation. They love Mission Road Bible Church and are sooooooooooooo thankful for the money that was sent down to help them build their church. We will try to tell you about it when we get home. Bring your Kleenex!!!

About 2:00 PM we made it back to the hotel. Have I mentioned the HEAT???????????????? We can just hardly handle it. SO good to get back to our hotel with AC

In about an hour we go back to the church and we take a HUGE duffle bag full of gifts to give to these wonderful people from our wonderful people at MRBC. I just wish so much that you all could be with us to give them out. We will try to film it but I am sure it will not do justice to the event.

In the morning we leave to go up to the mountains for our third and final conference. Slight sore throat but I don’t teach till Tuesday morning so praying it will go away. I cannot imagine what is going to happen at the giving of the gifts. I see chaos!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment